From December 29, 2018 to January 5, 2019, Afghanistan Public Policy Research Organization (APPRO) will be providing a cross-certified course on Policy and Institutional Analysis in partnership with Ruhr University Bochum (Germany). The course is designed for professionals from Afghan civil society organizations and public institutions.
The course will be delivered by Dr. Saeed Parto, Director of Research at Afghanistan Public Policy Research Organization (APPRO) and Director – Academic at GRAD.
The successful candidates receive 4 ECTS (European Credits Transfer System) credits awarded by Ruhr University Bochum.
About the Course
Course contents are designed for students and practitioners interested in the dynamics of decision making at different scales of organization in volatile contexts. The course introduces the participants to the fundamentals of policy and institutional analysis, emphasizing the importance of context specificity. The participants will gain in-depth appreciation of different methods, theories, and practical tools to deconstruct complex policy choice problems in different settings and to identify and evaluate viable policy alternatives to support and protect fundamental rights in Afghanistan.
The course will be delivered in Kabul, Afghanistan, for six full days over period of two weeks, from 09 AM to 04 PM.
- A master’s level degree in one of the social sciences or management OR an undergraduate degree with at least 3 years of experience in decision / policy making in an organizational setting.
- A demonstrated interest in decision- and policy-making issues.
- Participants must have fluent proficiency of the English language. Admission will be based on the successful completion of an English test.
Applicants will be selected based on application requirements and gender balance. Interested applicants are required to send the following documents by Thursday December 13, 2018, 5PM Kabul time:
- A scanned copy of the highest academic degree
- A full CV including email and telephone contact details
- A statement of interest in English (one page maximum)
Applications are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning “Policy and Institutional Analysis Certified Course Application” in the subject line.
Accepted applicants will be invited to sit an English test on Sunday December 16, 2018. Please note this date is not flexible.
Results of the selection process will be announced by email on Thursday December 20, 2018.